17 mars 2015

Bed of lies

I just figured if you saw me, if you looked in my eyes

You'd remember our connection and be freed from the lies

I just figured I was something that you couldn't replace

But there was just a blank stare and I couldn't relate

I just couldn't understand and I couldn't defend

What we had, what we shared, and I couldn't pretend

When the tears roll down it's like you ain't even notice them

If you had a heart, I was hoping that you would show it some

They say you don't know what you got until it's gone

They say that your darkest hour come before your dawn

But there was something that I should've asked, all along


There's one thing I need to know

So call me when you're not so busy just thinking of yourself

Do you ever think of me when you lie?

Lie down in your bed, your bed of lies

And I knew better than to look in your eyes

They only pretend you would be mine

And oh how you made me believe

You had me caught in every web that you weaved

But do you ever think of me when you lie?

Lie down in your bed, your bed of lies

Inga kommentarer: